Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend 2009 - Evidences of God's Grace

This past weekend was a great chance for me to observe God's grace in my life within the context of my family and my church. Here are some examples of God's grace that I observed
  1. Friday night - we had a great night of worship, contemplation, and meditation on the cross. A first year teacher, a Christian radio host, and a bio-chemist shared and boasted in the cross. I got to speak to the substitutionary sacrifice of the atoning work of Jesus being our high priest. In the words of Martin Luther, our "true contemplation of the cross is that were we think of our sin and we are crushed". A great design and backdrop for our service was created from a great blogger over at Thorns.
  2. Saturday - had a great trip to the Red River Zoo with my "girls". What a great time holding Aunika up on the railings and hearing her say "hi" and then yelling at the animals. Also it was an encouraging time as the temperature cracked 50.
  3. Saturday night date night - Shannon gave me the gift of going out to one of my favorite resaraunts - HuHot - and then we went to Home Depot and Shannon got ideas for some home improvement project.
  4. Sunday morning - we got up early and got the girls all dressed up for church and gave them their Easter baskets. What a joy to jump in the car and go to church together to celebrate!
  5. Had a great Easter breakfast at the church where I got to observe many men serving and giving of themselves to serve as they made rock star french toach, sausage, eggs, and orange juice.
  6. The tomb is EMPTY! We had a great day of worship and celebration as Jesus is ALIVE! During our service I observed a song written by two of our people that was shared and was a great ministry to others. I led a rousing and passionate rendition of Victory in Jesus to conclude our time together.

No comments: