Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Celebrating Life and Death

Yesterday was an interesting day for our family. We had the opportunity to celebrate physical life and physical death on the same day.

Aunika turns 2
Two years ago Shannon and I welcomed an undeserved blessing into our lives. We celebrated this day with forgetting the rules, buying a $9 balloon (that actually was about 5 balloons attached together - hence the price), going to Culvers and eating burgers, fries, ice cream, and allowing her to drink caffeine. We finished the night with allowing Aunika to stay up until 10 watching her Pooh DVD, and then to bed where I read her 3 books compared to the normal 1. We concluded our day with prayer - thanking the Lord for Aunika's life and praying for her someday to make a commitment to Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior.

Shannon's Grandmother Passes
At 11 a.m. (Pacific Time) - Shannon's grandmother Jackie Ellingburg passed away in Las Vegas, NV. Jackie had been battling cancer that was recently discovered in the fall. We celebrate because Jackie was a daughter of the Lord Most High. She was a women that was following Jesus and we are joyful that today she is with Jesus. Shannon had the opporunity to be with her in December and had the priviledge of caring for her as well as special times of reading her Scripture. The words of Chris Tomlin and the song I Will Rise are especially true and near to my heart and mind today

There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise I will rise


Through the power of the resurrection - Jackie did rise

No comments: