Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No More Special Report w/Brit Hume

Brit Hume is retiring at the end of the year and will work 100 days a year for Fox News as a Senior Political Analyst. His reasons for retiring are interesting and well worth citing. Brit talks about one of his reasons for retirement in this recent interview and says,

"I certainly want to pursue my faith more ardently than I have done. I'm not claiming it's impossible to do when you work in this business. I was kind of a nominal Christian for the longest time. When my son died (by suicide in 1998), I came to Christ in a way that was very meaningful to me. If a person is a Christian and tries to face up to the implications of what you say you believe, it's a pretty big thing. If you do it part time, you're not really living it."

Brit also shows humility when he talks about the show that he has anchored and its' future:

"I have urged that the show be kept intact with a new anchor. I believe the show is not about its host to the extent, for example, that "The O'Reilly Factor" is about Bill. The stories he likes, his preferences, his views, they're stamped all over the show. That's fine. We notice when I'm away, the ratings hold up fine. When Bill's away, the ratings don't hold up so well. That's part of what we were trying to create when we created this show, a show that's not about me."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post Brett, but you gotta be kidding me???? It's been three days since the Vikings beat down the stinky cheese, and nothing???? The readership has spoken!!!!!