Saturday, May 24, 2008

Crossing the Border: It's Difficult

I attend seminary at Briercrest Seminary in Caronport, SK. Caronport is a small village 10 miles west of Moose Jaw, SK with a population around 1,100. Even though I have my passport ,everytime I present it at the border (either coming or going into Canada) those 2-3 minutes that the officer examines my passport seem to last a really long time. Recently, my two minutes was put into perspective as a minor leaguer was traded from a Canadian team to an American team for 10 baseball bats (because of border issues). Usually trades involve one person for another, not one person for a load of maple bats worth around $70 each. I really feel for this guy as he had to have an extended stay in waiting in another country I know of named Montana. You can read about this story here.

3 comments:

Matt Heltzel said...

Brett, are you going to save me a spot on that Nashville bus so we can discuss theology the whole way there? :) Haha... Or Driscoll or something? That book 'The Radical Reformission' is one Franchuk gave me and it's possibly the best book I've ever read. Unbelievable. Anyways, take it easy

Brett said...

Matt I can only save you a spot if you've reserved it before hand...i'm guessing the new kid on the block - Alex Decker has penciled you in with the Emery group

Matt Heltzel said...

Yeah that's what I meant. I've got my spot for sure, whether it's next to you or not is TBA...