Friday, May 23, 2008

Sanctification: Long, Slow, Hard

"Sanctification is a progressive work of both God and man that makes Christians more and more free from sin and more and more like Christ in their actual lives."
-Wayne Grudem

As I reflected on my notes from a recent conference I attended in Seattle I came across notes on Sanctification and the session taught by Pastor Matt Chandler. The following are some of my notes and quotes from Chandler that speak to Sanctification.

"Everyone loves the conversion story, but no one likes the next three years after that, because progressive sanctification is a lot more difficult than we think."

"Sanctification can be a crawl and most of the time we don't even know we are crawling."

"Most of the time evangelicals haven't grabbed onto the fact that spiritual growth is no super highway."

"The good news of the Gospel isn't that all my hurts and struggles go away, but that JESUS is enough! regardless of all my hurts and struggles."

No comments: