Monday, June 9, 2008

Low Point of the Season

Last Monday I was thrilled as the Minnesota Twins had just split a 4 game set with the New York Yankees and were 1 1/2 games behind the Chicago White Sox in the AL Central. After a week that saw the Twins go 1-6 and drop 2 games below .500, they are now 6 1/2 games behind the White Sox for first place. Today marked the low point of the season for the young Twins. Being swept by the hated White Sox on Monday completed a 4 game sweep that saw the once confident young twins pitchers go a combined 0-3 as they pitched a combined 16.1 innings and gave up 25 ER in the four games.

I have been a Twins fan for a long time. I don't jump off and on the bandwagon. I will watch them during the tough times and the good times which means that tomorrow night I will be watching as the Twins travel to Cleveland to hopefully break out of this mess of a streak.

No comments: